We value your privacy.
Our Privacy Principles
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect FNISC customer information.
- We do not share customer medical information within the FNISC family of companies unless:
- You expressly authorize it; or
- It is permitted or required by law; or
- Your insurance policy contract with us permits us to do so.
- We may share customer information and permit others to use that information if you give us your consent, it is necessary to complete a transaction you request, or it is otherwise permitted by law.
- We handle information about former and prospective customers the same as existing customers.
We Protect Customer Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect customer information and to comply with federal and state laws. In addition, we review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security.
We retain customer information for legal, auditing, regulatory, and business purposes.
Customer Information We Collect
We collect customer information in different ways. For example, we gather information from:
- Applications and other forms related to our products and through conversations with FNISC representatives, including our agents.
- Use of FNISC.com, our mobile sites and applications, our social media sites and applications, and interactions with our online advertisements.
- Transactions or experiences with us, such as payments, underwriting and claims.
- Within the FNISC family of companies.
- Non-FNISC parties, including consumer reporting agencies that provide us with information such as driving records, claim histories and credit information.
How We Use Customer Information
- Underwrite and rate your policies and accounts.
- Process your claims.
- Protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
- Provide proper billing.
- Confirm your identity and service your policies and accounts.
- Enhance your customer experience and improve our products and services.
- Offer you other insurance and financial services products.
- Develop and offer new products and services.
- Develop either anonymized data or de-identified data by making reasonable efforts to remove personally identifiable information so the information is no longer customer information. We develop this data for certain purposes, such as analysis to understand more about our customers and our industry, or for other commercial purposes as permitted by law. We share and use this data within our FNISC family of companies, with third party service providers, or with other unaffiliated entities.
- Perform other activities as required or permitted by law.
How We Share Customer Information
- For our everyday business purposes, for public policy purposes, and as permitted (such as with consent or as necessary to complete a transaction you request) or required by law.
- As needed, to handle your claim. For example, we may share name, address, and coverage information with an auto body shop to speed up repairs on auto damage claims.
- With consumer reporting agencies, for example, during the underwriting process.
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of our business or operating unit.
- With companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of insurance and financial products to you.
- As needed, to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions and in connection with the investigation, establishment, and defense of legal rights.
To Limit the Sharing of Customer Information Within the FNISC Family of Companies
We share customer information within our FNISC family of companies so, for example, we do not have to ask you for the same information again. If you prefer to limit sharing information such as your driving record, claim history with other companies, and credit information, call your FNISC agent. Please note, your choice:
- Will apply to joint policyholders or account holders on shared policies and accounts.
- Does not limit FNISC from sharing certain customer information about your transactions or experiences with us for our everyday business purposes or for public policy purposes.
- does not limit FNISC from sharing customer information in the event of a transfer, between FNISC companies, of all or a portion of a line of business.
If you are an existing customer and have already told us your customer information sharing preference, no action is needed unless you want to change your preference.
Other Important Information
Please contact your agent for name/address changes or policy/coverage questions.
You may contact us with questions about this Notice by:
- writing us at:
Attention: Enterprise Compliance & Ethics – Office of Privacy
- 2600 Michelson Dr. Suite 1400 Irvine, CA 92612
- calling us at 1-800-948-2340
- fax: 1-800-753-0569
Residents of California: We may collect customer information from persons other than the individual or individuals applying for coverage. Such customer information as well as other personal or privileged information subsequently collected may, in certain circumstances, be disclosed to third parties without your authorization as permitted by law. If you would like additional information about the collection and disclosure of customer information, please contact your FNISC agent. You may also act upon your right to see and correct any customer information in your FNISC files by writing your FNISC agent to request this access.